(KBCW) – It looks like all that publicity paid off. The Other Woman, the story of comedically vengeful scorned women taking revenge on their formerly beloved, trumped Captain America at the box office this week. Woman, which stars Leslie Mann, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Upton, brought in a 75% female audience, and opened to a profit only slightly lower than Bridesmaids ($26.2 million). However, The Amazing Spiderman premieres next weekend, so Woman’s reign won’t be a long one.
The other two premieres this week, Brick Mansions and The Quiet Ones, didn’t fare as lucky. Quiet Ones opened to one of the worst horror profits in recent history. Brick Mansions, however, the last completed film of the late Paul Walker, didn’t do too well but likely performed better than initially expected thanks to its high CinemaScore (B+).
Captain America, despite losing out to the first place position this week, continues to gross a considerable profit. So far, it has amassed $224 million nationwide.
Full Box Office (via Box Office Mojo):
1. The Other Woman $24,700,000
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier $16,048,000
3. Heaven is For Real $13,800,000
4. Rio 2 $13,650,000
5. Brick Mansions $9,600,000
6. Transcendence $4,105,000
7. The Quiet Ones $4,000,000
8. Bears $3,606,000
9. Divergent $3,600,000
10. A Haunted House 2 $3,265,000
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- 10 Movies You Must See This Fall
- 7 of The Bay Area’s Must-Go Oscar 2017 Parties
- Gene Wilder Tribute To Show At Bay Area Theaters
- Movie Review: ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’