By your powers combined, we can save the planet!
It has its beauty and tragedy, but we live on an amazing planet. There’s no doubt. Earth Day is a chance for us to take a moment, appreciate our environment and commit to one new habit to conserve our resources.
If everybody does a little, future generations will be much better off.
Here are five stupidly simple things you should make part of your daily routine. If they were adopted globally, it would make an enormous impact.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. This is an easy one. The “low-hanging fruit” some would call it.
- Check the air pressure in your tires. Maybe you can start a new trend and help a friend check theirs. #tirepressuretuesday #TPT
- Get one LED light bulb per year. Yeah they’re pretty expensive, but it will pay for itself many times over during its lifespan.
- Eat more vegetables. The production of meat uses a huge portion of the Earth’s land, water and grain. Roasted or grilled broccoli is delicious. Wash it, cut it into medium sized chunks, toss it with grapeseed oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss it in the oven or grill at 400 for 10-15 minutes. More vegetarian grilling recipes.
- Air dry some of your laundry. Set up a retractable clothesline in your basement, garage or outside.
Spread the word! Tell two other people to adopt one of these earth-friendly habits today. You can start by sharing this post.
Ian Somerhalder is a prime example of CW stars who promote resource conservation. He created The Ian Somerhalder Foundation which “aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures.” Check out more CW stars who support causes.